1. Is the Willy Wallace Hostel in the centre?
We’re right in the centre, 1 minute away from the train/bus station, on Murray Place, Stirling’s main street.
2. What about parking?
There is free street parking from 5:30pm to 8:45am. There are also a few car parks around; your best option is the Rainbow Slides Car Park on Goosecroft Road (which is a 3 minute walk to the hostel), just a few yards away from the train station. It's only £3 for 24h.
3. What information and documents should I provide on my arrival?
A valid identification is a requirement on check-in. We accept passports, photo IDs and driver’s licenses. As we wish to ensure a safe and welcoming atmosphere for all of our guests, we also reserve the right to refuse accommodation at our discretion.
4. Which methods of payment can I use?
We accept all major bank cards and cash on arrival.
5. Is it possible to book without a credit card?
We do need a valid bank card to validate your booking.
6. I am booking for a group of 8 or more people. How can I do so?
Please see our group section.
7. Is there any age restriction?
Yes, there is. To book with us, you must be 18 years old or older. However, families travelling with children under the age of 18 can book private accommodations.
8. When is check-in and check-out time?
Check-in time is between 1-9pm. Check-out is at 10am. If you think you'll be arriving after 9pm, just contact us!
9. Does the hostel have a curfew?
There is no curfew at the hostel. Staff is on site 24h, but reception does close at 9pm.
10. What is the cancellation policy?
For individual reservations, the cancellation policy is 48 hours. Please see our terms and policies section for full policy.
11. Is there an Admission/Membership Policy?
There is no membership fee involved. We are an independent hostel and members of the Scottish Independent Hostel network.
12. Is linen included?
Yes, linen is included. We rent towels for £1.
13. Are multi-bed rooms single sex only?
Yes, we do have one female only dorm and our other dorms are mixed.
14. Are any bedrooms en-suite?
No, we don’t have any en-suite bedrooms. Showers and toilets can be found on each floor.
15. Are there lockers in the rooms?
Yes, most of the rooms have lockers. You will need a padlock. Please see the reception if you need help with those.
16. Do you have a luggage storage room?
Yes, as a guest, we can store your bags in our reception area before your check-in and after check-out for free. If you only want luggage storage, click here.
17. Do I have access to my room during the day?
Yes, as long as it’s before your check-out time.
18. What about Internet and WiFi?
WiFi is free. Get the password at reception.
19. Is the water drinkable?
The water is fresh, clean and drinkable.
20. What laundry facilities are available?
If you wish to do laundry, please bring your clothes to reception we’ll do it for you for a fee of £5.
21. Can I bring alcohol?
You can bring alcohol and enjoy a glass of wine while dining, please drink responsibly. There is no alcohol to be brought into the bedrooms.
22. Can I bring pets?
We do not accept pets at the hostel.